Happy Monday! Hope you all had a delightful Easter weekend! We went on a quick weekend road trip down to Southern Utah…aka the land of sunshine! 😉 We had an awesome weekend spent with the fam, though we definitely missed my brother Spenc. Kind of hard to drive down when you lock your keys in the trunk and the only spare is 3.5 hours away. Oops!
We took a plethora of photos AND a video! Because every good road trip deserves to be documented with a quick video. And also, because Ellie watches our little “home videos” all the time and we are in need of some updated ones. 😉
My cute packing helper! While Ellie was at preschool, she helped me pack up our suitcases. We make the trek to southern Utah just about every month, so we have our packing list down. (Except this time I forgot their Easter baskets, oops! 🙂 On every road trip, we make sure we pack these things:
- Snacks, glorious snacks! Both for the kids and the drivers. 🙂 Also, a few bottles of ice cold water.
- A few small toys for the girls. We love magnet doodle boards and a doll, rattle or stuffed animal. Ellie has quite the imagination, so she’s usually set with just a few small toys.
- A charged phone and a few movies. We pull this out after the snacks and toys are no longer entertaining. 🙂
- Our typical “bag of bags” We use a tiny, drawstring bag and stuff it full of plastic bags. We always have a quick garbage bag on hand for diapers or trash.
- Speaking of diapers, DIAPERS! And plenty of them. Can’t tell you what a pain it is to not have enough diapers on a trip. We love using Huggies Snug and Dry on road trips – they have up to 12 hour protection and absorb quickly to stop leaks. That way if Addie sleeps on the way down (which she usually does!) we don’t have to worry about stopping halfway through to change outfits.
- Wipes, hand sanitizer, and tissues for sticky fingers, spills, and sniffly noses.
- A playlist of our favorite songs. Which is a wide variety. We have a good amount of preschool songs, Frozen songs, and Ellie’s favorite: Baby, by Justin Bieber. Ha!
- Aunt Erin! 🙂 We love when Erin snags a ride with us, she’s the best backseat helper!
Addie and I grabbed most of our items (diapers & snacks!) from our local Kroger store the day we left. (Shop at Kroger during the “Baby Me” Event going on between 3/20/16 – 4/2/16 and spend $40 on participating baby items so you can receive a $10 off coupon good towards anything at Kroger. (while supplies last)
And now for more road trippin’ photos! This girl was sound asleep in her car seat before we even started the car. Ha!
A few of our “essentials.” Also, I always bring heels when I’m with my siblings because I’M SO SHORT! 😉
And Ellie’s most favorite song. She requests it over and over again. (Side note: my friend Kenzie and I met JB in NYC forever ago. My one and only photo with a celebrity ever, haha)
We dyed eggs this weekend and Ellie thought it was THE best thing ever. Erin and I had a grand ol’ time painting our eggs, we were the last ones left at the dining room table.
Addie and Gramma! Two little cuties. 🙂
As per tradition, the Easter bunny came a day early! Addie missed out since she was napping (and poor girl had a cold all weekend long) but Ellie was beyond thrilled. Seriously, the cutest thing ever! She was so excited finding each egg (see the video!)
So. Many. Eggs. When she collected them all, she opened them up one by one. They had one piece of candy in them each and she was SO excited about every single one of them. Cutest thing ever.
A few photos before the General Women’s Broadcast. Ellie stayed home with the boys and Addie joined us for the most uplifting, inspirational talks from the leaders of our church. Addie played on the floor and in my lap while we listened – she was highly entertained by my diaper bag and its contents. Diapers, snacks, and a phone. 😉 And we ended the night with soups and desserts. A girls night out for the books!
Easter Sunday was beautiful and not at all rainy. 🙂 Poor Addie’s cold was getting worse and worse, so her cute Easter dress lasted about ten minutes before we took it off and put her back in her pjs. She was not up for much that day! I wasn’t feeling the greatest either, so we snuggled in our pajamas together. But I did manage to snag a few Easter photos for the scrapbooks. Obviously, no one was in the photo mood…even with jelly beans as bribes. Ha!
We ended the day with a delicious Easter meal (thanks mom!) and a drive home…with the spare keys for Uncle Spenc! 😉 A weekend for the books, that for sure! 🙂 Hope your weekend was FABULOUS my friends, and your Monday, too! XO