This is a big week for us – my younger brother and sister are headed off to college! Both of their universities are no more than twenty minutes from our house which means…FREE BABYSITTERS! 😉 I’m having serious flashbacks of when I moved to college. (Did you know I met Brian only three days after moving? While I was sporting my pajamas, of course. Ha!) I couldn’t send either of them off to college without passing on some sisterly wisdom and of course, a little college survival kit, filled with a few college life necessities!
So far in my kit I’ve included:
- A journal – to remember all those bad dates, embarrassing moments, and adventures you’ll never tell mom about (JUST KIDDING, MOM! 🙂
- Chocolate – chocolate is always necessary.
- Hand Sanitizer – maybe I’m a germ freak, but I always loved having hand sanitizer with me, especially after using the computers that hundreds of other people touched!
- Mints – for dates! 😉
- Motivational prints – to remind you to actually do your homework!
- Extra notebooks – I remember taking so many notes in classes! (and no, they weren’t accompanied with doodles…well at least not all of them!)
- Late Night Snacks – like Cheez-it Original crackers. It was always more fun to stay up late with the roommates if we had snacks!
- Diet Dr Pepper – absolutely essential for late night studying sessions, not to mention finals week! And the smaller size? Perfect addition for that boring class to keep you from dozing off!
- Cute straws – to accompany said beverage. (This one is definitely more for my sis 🙂
- And a few emergency, easy meals. Oh college life!
I picked up all my kit supplies at my local Walmart, carefully placed them all in a cardboard box, and made a few, school inspired printables to decorate the flaps. You can download the printables below! Also, starting August 28th at select Walmart stores, visitors will be able to play a digital football toss game for a chance to win $20,000 in tuition (that can also be used to pay off student loans!). Dr Pepper will be giving away free prizes as well as an additional $5,000 in tuition to one lucky winner in each location (times & locations here). Be sure to check out this site for more information on how you can #WinTuition!
I love this! So cute 🙂
Love always, Jess
Totally doing this for my brother!!!
So glad you are so close to both if them – close in miles and close as siblings. Then maybe they won't have to write down all of their adventures – they'll tell you about them instead 😉 Cutest ideas!! Thanks for all you do!! (add in a box of Kleenex for them to turn around and give to ME!!) #toughweek
I would have loved to get this when I was in college!
This is the cutest! I love how you put it all together.
Oriana from Mommyhood's Diary
Great care package!! Thanks #client
I'm pretty sure you are the only person who makes "sponsered" posts that I actually look forward to reading! This is so cute!